Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pakistani wrestler

http://waxingpoetically.today.com/files/2009/03/00morenatti0007.jpg
A Pakistani Kushti wrestler washes himself after a training at the Champion Khalu Behalwan wrestling club in the Old City of Lahore, Pakistan, Saturday, Aug. 2, 2008. Kushti, an Indo-Pakistani form of wrestling, is several thousand years old and is a national sport in Pakistan. (AP Photo/Emilio Morenatti)

Here are some woofy photos of Pakistani wrestlers. I started researching more about “Pehalwan” when I saw the first photo you see below. You definitely can’t blame me for doing so, no? ^_^

These beautiful shots are by Nicola Okin Frioli

Technically, The Great Gama is Indian, but he later moved to Pakistan.

Got this and the bottom photo here
(And I must add that I just LOVE that photo. It’s just, perfect.)

Usman Majeed

And here’s an interesting editiorial on wrestling in Pakistan


No comments:

Post a Comment

malikimrana1@gmail.com